Sun Jan 18 12:27:03.884 [initandlisten] exception in initAndListen: 10310 Unable to lock file: /data/db/mongod.lock. Is a mongod instance already running?, terminating
Sun Jan 18 12:27:03.884 dbexit:
Normally, we are facing this issue due to 1. improper MongoDB server shutdown or 2. someone else is started the mongo server. In the second case, we dont have any issue, we can connect to out db without issue.
For the first case -
1. try to delete the file '
mongod.lock', by default it is existing under /data/db directory
2. execute command 'mongod --repair'
3. Now, try to start 'mongod'
4. If still facing the same issue - follow below commands
# lsof -i:27017
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME mongod 8335 hduser 10u IPv4 43617 0t0 TCP *:27017 (LISTEN) mongod 8335 hduser 12u IPv4 45790 0t0 TCP dsadmin:27017->dsadmin:42137 (ESTABLISHED) mongo 8816 hduser 3u IPv4 45789 0t0 TCP dsadmin:42137->dsadmin:27017 (ESTABLISHED)
# kill -9 8335 8816
5. This will kill the connection which is not closed properly before mongodb shutdown.
6. Now start the MongoDB by executing 'mongod'
Like the Facebook Page & join Group
For WHATSAPP group , drop a msg to 91-88-00-906098