Friday, March 07, 2014
Thursday, March 06, 2014
76. What is the OPTIMAL parameter?
It is used to set the optimal length of a rollback segment.
77. What is the functionality of SYSTEM table space?
To manage the database level transactions such as modifications of the data dictionary table that record information about the free space usage.
78. How will you create multiple rollback segments in a database?
- Create a database, which implicitly creates a SYSTEM rollback segment in a SYSTEM tablespace.
- Create a second rollback segment name R0 in the SYSTEM tablespace.
- Make new rollback segment available (after shutdown, modify init.ora file and start database)
- Create other tablespaces (RBS) for rollback segments.
- Deactivate rollback segment R0 and activate the newly created rollback segments.
Friday, February 28, 2014
The following script can be used to check if the given datastage job is multi instance or not.
Arguments to the Scripts:
Arg1:Datastage Project Name
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
With the help of this script, You can get the job no, category and other information without opening DataStage Director.
This Script need two arguments :
1. DataStage Project Name
2. DataStage Job Name