In Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Open your PDF.
- Go to TOOLS -> Advanced Editing and select the "TouchUp Text Tool".
- Click on the text that you wish to extract the typeface from and a bounding box should appear.
- Highlight a portion of the text and right click to bring up a menu. Select "Properties".
- Information about your font should be displayed under the "Text" tab, including the font name. Easy!
In Foxit Phantom
1. Open your PDF
2. Go to EDIT -> select the "TouchUp Text Tool". or use CTRL-T
3. Now, follow the same steps from step3.